- Divination (from Latin divinare, ‘to foresee, to foretell, to predict, to prophesy’, related to divinus, ‘divine’), or “to be inspired by a god,” is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by way of an occultic, standardized process or ritual. The art or practice that seeks to foresee or foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge usually by the interpretation of an oracle. The art or act of foretelling future events or revealing occult knowledge by means of augury or a supernatural agency.
- Oracles used various divination tools i.e. cartomancy, tealeaves, palmistry, lithomancy to divine answers from spirit.
- a person giving wise or authoritative decisions or opinions.
- Divination is defined as practicing magical arts to reveal the future. Used in various forms throughout history.
- unusual insight or intuitive perception.
I had the opportunity to learn to read cards very young, was lovingly coached an encouraged by various crones the circle of my family and friends, as well as by readers that I frequented at different times of my life. I have read cards for myself and others as long as I can remember.
I use the Lenormand cards, Thoth Tarot, Morgan Greer Tarot, The Moonology and Starseed Oracle decks. I work with crystals and a pendulum. My readings include some fisher method Numerology and Feng Shui as appropriate for the client. My readings are an intuitively combined compendium of the learning I’ve done throughout my practice.